If you are booking adventure travel tours, you should do due diligence to ensure that you will have a memorable experience. Whether you are booking online or directly through a travel company, you should clarify all the details.
Questions to Ask
- How much is the total cost? Ask for a breakdown of how much every activity will cost you. If you are booking in a different currency, convert it to ensure that the amount is within your budget. Ask about hidden charges and the accepted mode of payments to avoid disappointments once you have started a transaction.
- What is in the itinerary? You need to know exactly what you will be doing during specific hours or days. This makes it easier for you to plan and even know if the tour aligns with your needs.
- Who is in the group? If you are booking a group tour and you have been told other people will be joining you, it can be good to have basic details about them. You do not need to ask about personal details. Still, aspects such as their nationalities, age groups, and purpose of taking the trip can help you know if you want to join the guided tour or not. Revealing who is in the group is always at the discretion of the organiser.
- Should I carry anything? Find out if there are some things that you will be expected to carry for the tour. For example, there are some adventure tours where you may be told to carry a health certificate that shows you can engage in the activities. Others need you to go with specific outfits or appropriate gear.
- Are beginners allowed? This is an important question if you have never tried any adventure sport. Let them know your level of confidence and the kind of support you will need.